Housing & Shelter
- Toronto Shelter, Support and Housing Administration.
Central Intake line: 24hrs
Or Call 311 for more or to connect to other municipalities.
- Dr. Roz’s Healing Place:
A Centre for Healing and Empowerment
Scarborough, ON M1M 3W1
Central Intake Line: 416-264-0823
- Sistering: a multi-service agency supporting women
962 Bloor St. West
Toronto ON M6H 1L6
9:00 am–4:30 pm
Closed: weekends, statutory holidays.
Food & Nutrition
Food Sovereignty is the right of peoples to healthy and culturally appropriate food produced through ecologically sound and sustainable methods, and their right to define their own food and agriculture systems.”
- Food Secure Canada: Food Secure Canada is a pan-Canadian alliance of organizations and individuals working together to advance food security and food sovereignty
- Afri-Can Food Basket: Afri-Can FoodBasket’s mission is to provide leadership in urban agriculture, and foster collaboration to advance food justice, health and social enterprise in the African Canadian Community.
- Black Creek Farm: An urban agricultural centre that engages, educates, and empowers diverse communities, through sustainable food.
Community Mental Health Programs – Toronto Central Community mental health programs provide a variety of services to help support people who have serious and ongoing mental health issues living in the community.
Community Safety Services
2. Cybertip.ca (Online Sexual Exploitation of Children)
3. Centre for Missing Exploited Children 24-Hour HOTLINE 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678)
4. Policy Centre for Victim Issues (Department of Justice)
5. Canadian Resource Centre for Victims of Crime
6. Women’s College Hospital (416 323-6400 – switchboard)
7. Toronto Police Service 40 College Street (416) 808-2222
8. Workhealthlife – Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) (1.844.880.9137)
10. Toronto Rape Crisis Centre 416 597-8808 (24 hour crisis line)
11. Kids Help Phone (Call a counsellor 1-800-668-6868)
Young and Potential Fathers is a registered not for profit organization dedicated to improved social determinants of health for Black children by supporting Black fathers and father figures in their efforts to become committed and involved parents. Our home at Ujima House is Canada’s only father focused parenting centre.
The Black Men’s Health Challenge is a 10 week lifestyle intervention program that has two main parts – Education/Information and physical activity sessions, and is designed to reach out to the male population.
The Walnut Foundation’s purpose is to work with the Black Community in identifying the needs of Black Men in the areas of health and related issues; and to provide a forum for discussion in a comfortable, safe and supportive environment.
- Services: Birth control counselling, Low cost or free birth control, Free condoms, Low cost emergency contraceptions, STI testing and free treatment, HIV testing, Pregnancy testing, counselling and referral, Sexuality and relationship counselling
- Black Creek Community Health Centre
1 York Gate Blvd., Toronto, ON M3N 3A1
- TAIBU – Sexual Health Clinic
27 Tapscott Road, Unit #1
Toronto, Ontario M1B 4Y7
- Hassle Free Clinic
Phone calls are answered during their respective Men/Trans and Women/Trans clinic hours.
66 Gerrard Street East 2nd Floor
Toronto, ON, M5B 1G3
Subscribe to receive our updates