BOARD OF DIRECTORS – VACANCIES
The Black Health Alliance is seeking dynamic, enthusiastic and dedicated community members to serve on its Board of Directors
to help advance the next stage of the organization’s growth.
We are welcoming applications from candidates that represent the spectrum of diversity of social identities and lived experiences
of People of African Descent in Canada (Differently-abled, LGBTQQ2S+, Francophone, Youth, Older-adults, multi-generation
Afro-Canadian, Afro-Latinx, Afro-Caribbean, Continental African).
We are prioritizing the desired skill sets and/or expertise in the following areas:
- Government Relations
- Mental Health
- Public Health Policy
We are also interested in persons with the following complementary skill sets and /or expertise in the following areas:
- Organizational & Change Management
- Project Management
- Public Relations & Communications
- Health Equity and Social Determinants of Health
- Human Resources
In addition to demonstrating core competencies in one or more of the above areas, candidates should demonstrate and/or be:
- At least 18 years of age
- Commitment to the Mission, Vision, Values of the Black Health Alliance
- An understanding of effective Board governance
- An understanding of anti-Black racism rooted in lived experience
- A keen interest in and demonstrated commitment to community development
- An ability to commit 10-15 hours monthly to carry out the general duties of Directors as detailed in the position description.
The Board of Directors is the legal governing body of the Corporation and is responsible for determining and executing the
mission of the organization and its strategic direction. Each Board member has a fiduciary duty of care and loyalty to the
organization, and collectively the Board is responsible for the effective stewardship and governance of the Black Health Alliance.
Please send your cover letter and resume to the attention of:
Chair, Nominations Committee
1 Valentine Drive, North York, ON M3A 3J5
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: August 17, 2018, 11:59 pm